The Chrome Web store offers an extensive line of extensions to give users a better experience when using the Chrome Web browser.
Google explains extensions as:
Extensions are extra features and functionality that you can easily add to Google Chrome. By using extensions, you can customize Google Chrome with features you like, while keeping your browser free of things that you don’t use.
I love extensions because they act as shortcuts to help make me more productive when using Chrome. This challenge includes a few of my favorite extensions, all packaged into an easy, how-to tutorial.
Challenge: Watch the video below to learn how to install and use a few of my favorite Google extensions. After watching the video, install the featured extensions and have fun using each one while you’re in Chrome. After you’ve tried out each extension, go to the Discussion Forum and (under the Apps & Extensions channel) post a topic that reflects your thoughts on these extensions and how you will use them.
Here’s a list of the extensions covered in the video:
- Tab Scissors and Tab Glue – Divide your screen between tabs and then put all the tabs back together
- Clearly – Read Web content free of navigation and ads
- Silver Bird – Easily access your Twitter news feed and tweet from the browser bar
- CleanPrint – Print and save Web content in the form that you choose
- SoundGecko – Have any Web content read to you
- ShortenMe – Shorten links with the click of a button
- Awesome Screenshot – Capture and annotate screenshots from the browser
- Pin It Button – Quickly pin content to your Pinterest account
Challenge Yourself Further: Search the Chrome Web store for other extensions that you are interested in. Install at least one extension not featured in the video above. Use the discussion forum (Apps & Extensions channel) to mention the extension you installed, what it’s used for and why you like it.
Learn More @:
Here are a few articles to help you explore Chrome extensions.
The Best Free Google Chrome Extensions – via PC Magazine
The Best Chrome Extensions – via MakeUseOf
15+ Great Chrome Extensions for Teachers – via Educational Technology and Mobile Learning
13 Good Chrome Extensions and Apps for Students and Teachers – via Free Technology for Teachers